Of-Counsel / Partner
- Yeditepe University, Institute of Social Sciences, Ph.D. in Law, high honor, Istanbul/Turkey, 2015.
- Heidelberg University, Max-Weber Haus Institut, Language Education Program, Heidelberg/Germany, 2009.
- Yeditepe University, Faculty of Law, J.D. Equivalent, top of the class - high honor, Istanbul/Turkey, 2008.
- Utrecht University, Faculty of Law, Erasmus Program, Utrecht/The Netherlands, Fall-2007.
- American University, Washington College of Law, Seminar Program on Law of Torts and Law of Contracts, Washington D.C./USA, 2006.
- Istanbul Bar Association, 2012.
- Maritime Law Association, 2012.
Dr. Aksoy YAVAŞ has been the partner of Ilhan & Yavuztürk since 2013. His main areas of expertise are maritime law, insurance law, law of transportation, law of obligation and administrative law. Dr. YAVAŞ tought at Yeditepe University of Faculty of law between 2010 and 2016. He has been offering courses in Piri Reis University since 2015 and teaching full time in Hasan Kalyoncu University since 2016.
Publications and Presentations:
The list of selected publications and conferences that he gave speeches of Dr. Aksoy YAVAŞ is as follows:
- Author, Kara Yolunda Konteyner İle Yapılan Yük Taşınmasında Kayıp veya Hasardan Doğan Sorumluluk [The Liability for Loss and Damages arising out of Carriage of Goods by Container by Road (under Turkish Law and International Conventions)], 12 Levha Yayınları, İstanbul 2016.
- Author, "Hayat Sigortalarında Prim Ödeme Borcunun Mukayeseli Olarak Türk Ticaret Kanunu, Türk Ticaret Kanunu Tasarısı ve İngiliz Hukukunda İncelenmesi" (Comparative Assessment on the Obligation of Payment of Premium Debit in Life Insurances under Turkish Commercial Code, Draft Turkish Commercial Code and English Law) - Kazancı Hukuk Otomasyon ve Yeditepe Üniversitesi Hukuk Fakültesi Dergisi 10. Yıl Özel Dergisi, p.257-314 (in Kazancı Legal Automation and in the Journal of Yeditepe University Faculty of Law, Special Issue: Festschrift for the 10th Anniversary of the Founding of Yeditepe University of Faculty of Law, p. 257-314).
- Author, "Navlun Sözleşmesine İlişkin Olarak 2007-2011 Yıllarında Verilen Yargıtay Kararlarından Seçilmiş Örnekler" (Selected Decisions of Court of Appeal Granted From 2007 to 2011 Relating to Contract of Affreightment), Uluslararası Ticaret ve Tahkim Hukuku Dergisi, Cilt:2, Sayı.1, s.229-270 (in the Journal of International Trade and Arbitration Law, V.12, I. 1, p. 229-270).
- Author, Real Effect of Bill of Lading, Yeditepe Üniversitesi Hukuk Fakültesi Dergisi, Cilt:VIII, Sayı:2, Cilt: IX, Sayı 1, s.907-924 (in the Journal of Yeditepe University Faculty of Law, V. VIII-IX, I. 1, p. 907-924).
- Author, "Türk Ticaret Kanunun Gemi Alacaklısı Hakkı Veren 1235. Maddesinin 1-6. Bentlerinin, Türk Ticaret Kanunu Tasarısı ve Anglo Sakson Hukukuyla Mukayeseli Olarak Değerlendirilmesi" (Comparative Evaluation of the 1st-6th sub-paragraphs of Article of 1235 of the Draft Turkish Commercial Code granting the Right of Ship’s Creditor under Draft Turkish Commercial Code and Anglo-Saxon Law), Kazancı Hukuk Otomasyon ve Deniz Hukuku Dergisi, Y.10, S.1-4, s.127-178 (in Kazancı Legal Automation and in the Journal of Law of the Sea, Y. 10, I. 1-4, p. 127-178).
Turkish, English and German.