- Yeditepe University, Institute of Social Sciences, Ph.D. in Law, with merits, Istanbul/Turkey, 2013.
- University of Miami, School of Law, LL.M., Coral Gables/USA, 2009.
- Yeditepe University, Faculty of Law, J.D. Equivalent, Istanbul/Turkey, 2006.
- Istanbul Bar Association, 2008.
- New York Bar Association, 2012.
Dr. H. Afşın İLHAN is the partner of İlhan & Yavuztürk since 2013. Before joining to İlhan & Yavuztürk, Dr. İLHAN served various Turkish law firms as an outside counsel and lead arbitration department of a reputable Turkish law firm between 2010 and 2012. He has been involved in numerous international commercial arbitration cases. Most these cases were subject to English Law, and all of these cases had London as their seat. He also handled numerous domestic arbitration cases which mostly dealt with international maritime trade. His main areas of expertise are international commercial arbitration, investment arbitration, international trade law, civil procedure law and enforcement-bankruptcy law. Dr. İLHAN has been teaching at Yeditepe University, Faculty of Law since 2010.
Publications and Presentations
The list of selected publications and conferences that he gave speeches of Dr. H. Afşın İLHAN is as follows:
- Speaker, “Arbitration Agreement”, First Trinational Winteruniversity ‘Private Enforcement’, Istanbul, Turkey, 12 January 2016.
- Author, Tahkim Sözleşmesinin Geçerliliği (Validity of Arbitration Agreements), Adalet Yayınevi, Ankara 2016.
- Speaker, “International Aspects of Turkish Family Law”, Consulate General of Italy, Istanbul, Turkey, 3 February 2015.
- Speaker, “How Do Turkish Courts Treat Arbitration Clauses”, Arbitration in Turkey and Austria, Istanbul, Turkey, 17 May 2012.
- Author, Legitimate Expectations in Fair and Equitable Treatment - Yeditepe Üniversitesi Hukuk Fakültesi Dergisi, Yıl 2011, C. 8, S. 1, s. 105-124 (in Journal of Yeditepe University Faculty of Law, Year 2011, V. VIII, I. 1, p. 105-124).
- Author, Minefield in the New York Convention - Yeditepe Üniversitesi Hukuk Fakültesi Dergisi, Yıl 2009, C. 6, S. 1, s. 117-145 (in Journal of Yeditepe University Faculty of Law, Year 2009, V. 6, I. 1, p. 117-145).
Turkish and English